What is the Community Reuse Plan for Alameda Point?
The Naval Air Station-Alameda Community Reuse Plan was adopted in 1996 as a guiding document for the conversion of the Navy base to civilian use. It is the guiding document for the No-cost Economic Development Conveyance of land from the Navy to Alameda that began in 2014.
The objectives outlined in the Community Reuse Plan are:
• Seamlessly integrate Alameda Point with the rest of the city
• Foster a vibrant new neighborhood
• Maximize waterfront accessibility
• De-emphasize the automobile and make new development compatible with transportation capacity
• Ensure economic development
• Create a mixed-use environment
• Establish neighborhood centers